- On Aug. 13, white supremacist
site the Daily Stormer was reminded that the terms of service can have consequences.
- The site’s domain — but not its content — has been
hosted by the internet company GoDaddy.
- After the site included
hateful remarks in its coverage of Charlottesville victim Heather Heyer, which GoDaddy has decided was inflammatory, the
company gave the Daily Stormer 24 hours to relocate its domain, a decision it announced in a tweet. Read more (8/14/17 10 AM)
- Shortly after GoDaddy booted the Daily Stormer, Reuters reported the site would move its domain to Google. That won’t be happening, though.
- “We are canceling Daily Stormer’s registration with Google Domains for violating our terms of service,” a Google spokesperson told Mic in an emailed statement.
- Without a place to host its domain name, it is unclear what will become of the Daily Stormer. Read more (8/14/17 2:50 PM)