Category: cancer treatment
- Treating curable cancers with “alternative medicine” techniques is a choice that at least one in three Americans makes.
- That includes former Apple CEO Steve Jobs before his death from a curable form of pancreatic cancer in 2011.
- But even if treating the body with these “natural” methods sounds appealing, a recent study suggests that using alternative medicine to treat cancer more than doubles the risk of dying within five years. Read more (8/15/17)
- A popular spice frequently used in curries may be combatting the most common cancer cells afflicting infants, according to a recent study.
- Turmeric contains a chemical called curcumin. Recent research suggests that curcumin helps destroy neuroblastoma tumor cells,
which often start in the embryo or fetus.
- These particular tumor cells
can become resistant to drug treatments, scientists say, meaning that a
new treatment plan involving turmeric could make all the difference.
- For children, neuroblastoma can be a severe health obstacle. About 700 new cases
appear each year in the U.S., mostly diagnosed in kids younger than age
5. Read more (7/27/17)